Blenda Spot

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two Days Running...

It's August 14th, Thursday and I wrote yesterday, so hopefully I'm back in the writing game. Even if I feel there's not a lot to say, at least I might be able to pass on a good thought. This is Neil Simon's, and I think it's good. "....I love life. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far."

The end of this week is approaching and next week will be a little sticky. I have nasal polyps, have had for some time, and will undergo my third surgery to remove them next Monday. This is over a period of about 15 years. For those who don't know, nasal polyps prohibit your sense of smell as well as breathing through your nose. Nor can you blow your nose on the affected side. Lord only knows what's floating around in my head! Polyps are not painful but are real nuisance. I once suggested to my primary care physician that he write me a prescription for cocaine. They say that can clear out your nose pretty well. ....He chuckled, but didn't ask for a pen.

The two previous surgical procedures have been different. The first time I had about 20 yards of ribbon gauze pack into my nostrils. After a week the packing was removed and it felt like I was having a baby through my nose. ...No fun. The second time a glass tube bent at about a 45 degree angle was inserted in the nostril so that drops could be added several times a day. I thought or hoped that would be an improvement. However when the surgeon removed the tube, after a week, it was quite painful. I had not previously seen the tube's length due to being under anesthesia. When I saw it I was aghast! It was six inches in length. Who knows the parts of my brain that were cuddled by the tube.

ENT #3 says this procedure will be much less painful and that they shouldn't have to pack my nose with anything. The exception would be a short splint. We'll see. I'm still not expecting what I'd call fun. I have faith to believe things will go well, but would welcome any good thoughts and prayers out there. :)

On to happier things...it's a beautiful day in mid-Michigan. We're nearing the end of summer and the season is just starting to change. We'll probably have nice weather until November, but you can feel the differences now. If you've never experienced autumn in Michigan or most places in the east, I'd welcome you to visit. The colors are beautifully vibrant, the air is crisp but the temperatures usually stay quite nice. Welcome..

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home