Blenda Spot

Friday, August 15, 2008

Organization...

I enjoy organizing. It doesn't matter if it's a drawer, closet, garage sale, party, picnic, or what. I sometimes think I was put on this Earth to be an organizer. I've often thought that I could probably make a living by organizing for other people. I guess I just don't know how I'd market it.

This morning I decided to organize craft items and a drawer full of bows, ribbon and wrapping paper. Both are done now, look great and should stay that way quite a while.

The strange part of organizing, at least for me, is that I have to make a mess first, then begin the weeding process. I always seem to start out with a big mess but after a while I'm usually satisfied with the job I've done.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At August 16, 2008 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Blenda, when (or if) you start your organizing business, could I be the first to hire you? LOL! I love to have things organized,but being an artist my creative side often gets in the way.
    Was curious about your blog because of your name. How many Blendas do you run into? My whole life I've never meet another Blenda in person! Was wondering if you get same reaction when people ask your name. I have to pronounce it about 5 times before they get it right.
    I would love it if you would stop by blog and leave a comment. I keep my blog to list my artwork on.
    Enjoyed reading about your postings, very nice.
    All my best,
    Blenda

     
  • At August 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Blenda J. Bewley said...

    Dear Blenda...

    Yes it's uncommon. I've known two actual Blendas..now three.

    I have family members who still call me "Belinda" which makes me crazy. I'm nearly 60 for God's sake! Sometimes I feel like they think I'm pronouncing it incorrectly. I told Rex that before I'd marry him, he'd have to learn to say and spell it correctly.

    I worked in the business end of radio for over 35 years. People in business generally won't worry about making sure they use your name correctly so if you have an unusual name, God help you. My middle name is Jo, so I was called "B.J." for years. It was easier on me than Brenda, Belinda, Linda or whatever else they could come up with. I try saying, "Blend with an "a" and even that doesn't always help.

    Thanks for your note.

    Blenda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home