Blenda Spot

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday...

It's rather early Saturday morning. I've been an early riser most of my life. I seem to accomplish more in the early morning when I'm by myself, can move at my own speed, and think clearly..before the day gets muddled up. :)

My husband on the other hand would sleep until 10-11AM most mornings if he could. He gets up earlier some times, but I'm usually to blame for that. Funny..it's the way I've always been and it's the way he's always been. Before our marriage of nearly 30 years, he was using two wake-up services to make sure he was up in time to leave for work. When we got together he eliminated that need.

Usually Saturday morning is devoted to grocery shopping. He likes to shop early before the stores get packed. I'm usually always ready to go..at least on Saturday morning. I can't vouch for being ready early (for the rest of the world) the other days of the week, but on Saturday, I'm ready to roll.

For something as non-exciting to some as grocery shopping, ours is usually sort of interesting. It has a lot to do with the differences in Rex, my beloved, and me. When I shop I like to take my time. I carefully select my produce and anything that's in the line of meat,poultry, or fish , and look for new products or ideas for meals. I can not rush this and do it well. On the other hand Rex would throw some things in a cart and be OUT of there. ...Fine for him..not for me. We compromise.

I shop better if I make a list. I usually do a small inventory before going to the store that shows me what I'm out of, what I need for particular meals, coupons to work with and the like. Generally I follow the list closely, but if I overlook something and it's six aisles behind us I always see this look of chagrin in his eyes. It's not that he's mean or anything, it's just this look that he gets and it usually cracks me up.

One thing that's very nice about Rex is his height. He's a little over 6'4" which helps me out a lot at home. I'm 5'5". One thing he always does at the grocery store, as things become obvious, is make things easier for other, shorter shoppers. If there are products on a top shelf with one item remaining and of course it's at the very back of the shelf, he will pull those things forward to make it easier for people like me. That's a plus and I give him a gold star for that.

It's now just after 6AM. I need to go wake Rex so that we can get ready, grab a coffee from McDonald's and hit the store/s. We usually arrive around 7Am, get the same parking space, and hit it.
All in all we have a pretty good time together. Sometimes things get sticky, but that's life.

If anything exciting crops up after this morning's shopping adventure, I'll fill you in.

Later........

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home