Blenda Spot

Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm thirsty!!.......

Today's the day. My "Roto Rooter" job is scheduled for 10AM. Hopefully Rex and I will be back home before too late mid afternoon. The only problem I have now is being quite thirsty. "...No food or drink after midnight, please..."

Not being able to breathe through my nose due to my nasal obstruction, makes me a mouth breather and my throat really gets dry through the night. I keep a bottle of water at my bedside for overnight sips, but not last night of course.

I also take a morning med that makes my mouth even drier. I can always tell when this "wonder drug" starts taking effect because I have a hard time speaking and have to keep my mouth lubricated. I guess my mouth gets so dry that my tongue doesn't work well and things really start to slur. If I don't keep my mouth relatively moist I sound like a real lush. Alcohol may be a small part of my pleasure, but I never touch the stuff before noon..really! It just sounds that way.

I'm not whining, just thirsty. Occasionally I take a small sip of water, swish and spit it out. The first thing I'll probably want after surgery/recovery is A DRINK OF WATER!! I hope I didn't gross anyone out with the "swish and spit" note. We're all adults and we all probably s & s at times. If you don't, you're pretty unique. :)

Yesterday was goofy. In addition to the overnight cleaning, I caught up the laundry, picked up the house a little, mowed the lawn, and did a little pre-surgical cooking so things will be a little easier for "Rex" today as I will take on the role of "patient". I'm not supposed to bend over, lift anything over 5 pounds, or do much of anything for several days, due to possible bleeding. ...Oh joy!

Being a patient is not easy for me. I don't get crabby. I just have a hard time being waited on. I guess I'd just as soon do things myself. Again, I'm not whining, or maybe I am... I consider it venting and jitters.

Later.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home