Blenda Spot

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Back....

It's over, the surgery that is, and I'm very glad. It certainly wasn't what I'd call any kind of fun, but I am breathing better and that's always a good sign. I think I might be sleeping better also. I slept until 8AM yesterday and for me that's very late. It's been several years since I've been able to breath through my nose and it seems to be helping.

The procedure itself wasn't too bad and not nearly as bad as I remember the other two being. I did let the problem get too bad this time, trying to avoid another procedure, and I'll try not to let that happen again.

Before I left the hospital I was given a pain pill and a prescription. In the past I think I've tried to be a little strong and avoid the meds. This time though, I decided to use them before the pain got really bad and it has helped. The afternoon of surgery was quite uncomfortable until the meds kicked in. The pain reverberated into my jaws, my eyes, my teeth and sinus area in general.

Monday was surgery and I went back to the surgeon Tuesday to have a three inch sponge removed from the nostril. It wasn't painless, but not as bad as the previous two procedures. Things have been improving ever since the removal of the sponge. Hopefully within a week or so, things will be back to normal with continued improvement.

I would strongly recommend to anyone having nose blowing concerns, don't let it persist without at least asking the question about polyps.

Any questions, just ask.

Later....

1 Comments:

  • At August 22, 2008 at 11:31 AM , Blogger cassiejohanna said...

    I'm glad that you've been feeling better. I can only imagine how difficult your life could become without being able to breathe through your nose adequately. And you waited a while to get the surgery but hey...at least you waited long enough so that they improved it by leaps and bounds but not so long that they had to operate through your mouth. Thinking happy thoughts... :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home